Charles Leclerc will start from pole position at the Austin Grand Prix on Sunday, October 22. The Ferrari driver from Monaco was the hero of an excellent performance in qualifying for the 19th round of the season, which took place today, Friday, October 19.
Charles beat Lando Norris (Mercedes) by 130 thousandths. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) had his last attempt canceled out for violating track restrictions. The world champion was 5 thousandths ahead of Leclerc. Second row behind Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) and Carlos Sainz (Ferrari). Sergio Perez (Red Bull) was only ninth.
The weekend at the Texas track promises to be especially hard-fought and exciting. The sprint shootout is scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday 21 October at 7.30pm, to determine the starting grid for the sprint race, which will take place at midnight Italian time. The Austin Grand Prix will begin on Sunday, October 22 at 9:00 p.m.
F1 Today GP Austin: time and where to watch live on TV (Sky, Now and Tv8)
1. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
2. Lando Norris (McLaren)
3. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4. Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)
5. George Russell (Mercedes)
6. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
7. Pierre Gasly (Alpine)
8. Esteban Ocon (Alpine)
9. Segio Perez (Red Bull)
10. Oscar Piastri (McLaren)
11. Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri)
12. Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo)
13. Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo)
14. Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
15. Daniel Ricciardo (Alpha Tauri)
16. Nico Hulkenberg (Haas)
17. Fernando Alonso (Aston Martin)
18. Alexnader Albon (Williams)
19. Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)
20. Logan Sargeant (Williams)